Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Schurr High / Photo Booth 2011

A few weeks back I did a photo shoot for the Schurr High School's 20th Class Reunion in Montebello. They wanted a photo booth without the cost. So, I worked a bit of magic. I used a simplified vignette that we use for Inside Out Weddings/Events. I had my backdrop, jerry-rigged it up behind the bench and brought in the props.

There are two sites that I think you ought to know about. The first one is the PhotoFunia's site. Here is the link: http://photofunia.com/. There you can do many many things with your photos. I went to miscellaneous effects and clicked onto "booth strips". Here is an example of one photo along with the strip that it turned in to. You have the option to print (yeah!) in color, sepia, or black and white. Being a 20th class reunion, I am showing you the sepia toned ones. I think they are amazingly real.






Next, I wanted to have more fun so I made them into Polaroids. By using http://www.poladroid.net/, you can download your own handy dandy tool and plop all your pics in it. Voila! Instant, or almost instant, Polaroids - sometimes you have to shake the photos to get them to turn faster... You remember the drill.

Remember when doing a photo booth, encourage silly. I know it's tough to be silly in our old age, (myself not included-- I am silly all the time). But it sure makes for great photos when there is a spark of life in the rgb's or the cmyk's.





PS: These spartans don't even look as if they've hit the 20 year mark!! 



I put them in photoshop and added some actions and type to complete the project.
 Love Love Love!

5 comments:

  1. Crazy fun! LOVING the polaroids! This is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these!
    Thanks for sharing those sites. I'll go check them out. You keep showing me new things.
    Thanks!
    p.s. Although I "follow" you now, your site isn't showing up in my Reader. I'll try to figure it out. m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sherri & Mark!
    Sorry about not showing up in your reader, not sure on that one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun....and so creative Patti!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guess what? Your blog finally showed up on my reader! Now I can keep proper track of you.
    And once again, thanks for that lead. I downloaded it and practiced at home. Fun! m.

    ReplyDelete