Friday, June 17, 2011

School's Out for Summer!

What a busy week! Celebrations galore.
Sunday: Mags was awarded her gold award from Girl Scouts. Monday was their final Girl Scout get together. I think 11 out of the 14 received their gold award. They all were in the honors programs and were 3.6 or higher and for many of them, 4.0 and above. All of them college bound and a very impressive list of schools. I'm especially proud of them as I was able to be the girl scout leader for some back when they were daisies - in Kindergarten.

Thursday were the graduations: My youngest graduated middle school at 2pm and my oldest from high school at 4pm. It was a whirlwind day. A quick version: Deliver large wooden compasses, (painted this week - see below), clean house, drop mom, park car, run 6 blocks in heals, find saved seats, realize missed my kid being announced, my watch had stopped.... oops.
Find kid, race to car, drop mom & kid, park car, walk to stadium, hunt for hub & son, call cell--no answer 4 times, find hub, grad starts, wave of emotion as I see my baby walking in graduation cap all smiles.
Wow did eighteen years go by fast.
So did the day. Next? - Grad Night. Back to school 8pm.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations and YES time is fleeting by so enjoy EVERY moment!!!!!

    ReplyDelete