Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Blessings

This was and has been a very busy week! On Mother's Day my oldest came walking up to me with a tearful face and asked me to come into her room to look at something. I knew something was wrong. Very wrong. An email came through that stated her acceptance into college had been withdrawn due to a form not received. Oh my! I usually don't cry, but I was tired. I lost it. All I could do was to start making phone calls and send out a prayer request. I prayed specifically for compassion, understanding and if this college was where she was NOT supposed to be, for God to close the door. And to close it in an obvious way. I'm not the brightest bulb so I needed it to be an obvious closure. I began calling the college and being a Sunday, no one was there. I couldn't let it go so I called the library. When the automatic answering machine came to the part where it said, "If you are on a rotary phone, hang on and we'll connect you to an operator" I hung on. This is where I knew God had his hand on my shoulder. He is my rotary phone. A young woman answered and I quickly explained that I knew she couldn't do anything but I was in a panic and a mom who was about to be sick to her stomach. She was compassionate and understanding. I was blown away. A girl only a few years older than my own daughter was listening, understanding my fear, and gave me the best advise. She said, "You need to come in. Don't just call because they will have a lot of people calling. Best to come in person." So that was it. My hub and I made arrangements for the kids in the morning and off we left at 7AM.
Every person that we had any contact with that morning was compassionate and understanding. Even if they didn't know why we were at the school, their actions or reactions were both of those. At the end of our visit, the admissions person to whom we were speaking with handed me his business card. He said, "If you have any other problems or concerns, please call me direct."
At home my daughter asked if it was all taken care of and we told her that she would get an email letting her know the results. I did however tell her that the door gave me his business card so rest assured this is the place where God wants her to be.
Two days later she got the assurance. That morning we thanked God again. And we gave her the college sweatshirt that we had purchased the morning of our visit. Go Broncos! Go God!~

2 comments: