Friday, August 6, 2010

I'm on a fishing expedition!

Was using a straight saw to cut the hardwood flooring at the fourth bedroom as not to have to rip up that room. No buckles, no bulges, so we figured we were in the clear. Just as I was pulling the very last small section under the door jam, poof - moisture. So-- I decided since I was ALMOST done with all of what I was going to do, I'd see how far it went. I began pulling up slats in the fourth bedroom and an hour later I've got one-third of the room up. There is so much moisture, I'm slipping on the floor. I figured I'd stop when I reached dry land, but thinking I'm going to be pulling it up until I reach Japan. Funny... this is where that one pipe, the one that goes directly from the kitchen to the side of the house with all the problems lays. It actually runs right through it. Humm.... a river runs through it. And I don't even like to fish.
One of the things that I inherited was an obsessive behavior. I will stick with something until I find an answer. I also think of myself as compulsive and if its a good habit, society likes me. lol
Anyhow, my hands have many blisters, my back, legs, head, neck, shoulders, arms, (did I say hands?), all hurt so much. I think I will put my mask back on, bag the wood, put it outside with the other moldy wood and spray like heck; my bleach/water mix on the newly opened concrete.
Hoping I don't still have this yucky stuff in my throat tomorrow from all of my demolition.

1 comment:

  1. I WAS DOING MY PINK SATURDAY POSTS AND A DEAR LADY NAMED LV RECOMENDED WE COME VISIT YOUR BLOG. I CAN SEE WHY...YOU ARE AWESOME. WHEN I FIRST CLICKED ON AND SAW YOUR HEADER I THOUGHT IT WAS MY DAUGHTERS HARLEQUIN GREAT DANE, GRACIE. MY DAUGHTER GRADUATED TO HEAVEN IN OCT. 2009, AND A DR. AND HIS WIFE ADOPTED GRACIE AND WE ADOPTED HER CHIHUAHUA. GREAT DANES ARE SOOO VERY SPECIAL...A GENTLE GIANT.
    NICE TO MEET YOU
    I BECAME YOUR 25TH FOLLOWER
    HAVE A LOVELY WEEKEND
    HUGS
    SIMPLY DEBBIE
    WHAT A JOB YOU HAVE A HEAD OF YOU.

    ReplyDelete