Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Good, the Bad, and the Textured~

Yesterday I began playing with textures & patterns, adding them to photographs. The first one is Mack, one of my favorite subjects. He's pushed back and desaturated and then I added a greenish texture along with other layers until I got a look that I wanted.
The next photo is one my daughter took of herself. The original photo is very muted and grainy to begin with. I added several textures, one with a pattern in the background and then she wanted the teal sides added. Teal is her favorite color. We painted her room Sunday. BRIGHT teal. She said when she walks into her room she says, "Wow!" I walk in and say "WOW!"
Anyhow, paint is the best way to change a look to a room.
Easy and cheap.
Off to cover the house with sheets. Having our flooring removed in the hall and the concrete torn up to try to locate the source of the 'water' under the floor. Mag's room is all the way to the concrete and I washed it several times with bleach & water solution. She slept in her room for the first time last night and didn't wake up wheezy.
(Think we're on the right path)
Anyhow, off to put the movies 'Holes' on....

The Act of God designation on all insurance policies... means roughly that you cannot be insured for the accidents that are most likely to happen to you. If your ox kicks a hole in your neighbor's Maserati, however, indemnity is instantaneous.
~Alan Coren, The Lady from Stalingrad Mansions, 1977

No comments:

Post a Comment