Monday, March 5, 2012

Huntington Beach Lifeguard Tryouts 2012

Lifeguard tryouts for Huntington Beach City and State were Saturday and Sunday. My son went out for both. Surprisingly, he came in the top 20 both days. (Out of approx.150 each day. Crazy huh?) My skinny kid, the one who seriously figured he would be last, made it to the interviews and is alternate at City since he only has his permit. Darn thing that license is. Shame on us parents who don't buy their kids a car to drive as incentive to get their license! Nonetheless, he was so excited that he did as well as he did and come next year, I guarantee he will be proudly watching over your kids on our beaches. 
Beginning Swim for State Tryouts on Saturday
Film Crew was there on Sunday for "Huntington Beach Lifeguards"
Checking the underwater cameras
On your mark.... get set..... GO! 
Lifeguards swim to the other side, through the pier.
Coming around the pier. See the dolphin?? That's my son.

Huntington is full of art.
Boys. They can always find something to play with.

2 comments:

  1. I remember being in shape like that. What the hell happened to me? But still, I would never wear those Speedos. I would totally blush!
    And I think that little lifeguard, at the end of your post, is the cutest one of all!
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's so exciting. Go Sam!

    ReplyDelete