Friday, January 14, 2011

Senior Ads for Yearbook

I have never purchased an ad in the school's yearbooks for my kids so I thought for Mag's senior year, I would put in a 1/2 page tribute to her. After spending a day working on several types and designs, I put one together that I really liked. However, she didn't like the photo that I chose. I really should have known that it wasn't going to make her happy but I thought I could pull it off without too much resistance. She said it doesn't look like her and that everyone would be able to see it forever. So-- here is the new version.
I used photo shop to change the color of her dress from a baby blue to a more muted teal, desaturated the photo a bit, added sun spots and wording. The last photo had quite a few people in the background walking around on the sand. I love that it doesn't really matter what happens with the surroundings, photo shop can wipe them clean. I also fixed a portion of her dress and part of her hair that I thought needed to be cleaned up a bit. Then added highlights, color boost, center fill lighting and vignette.

1 comment:

  1. Good that you listen to your daughter.... She is right about the first one and the second one is actually a much better photo of her. Beautiful job Patti!
    Go Maggie!!!

    ReplyDelete