Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day ~ 2010

Happy Mother's Day!
My day was full of being a mom. Loved that my kids gave me homemade cards. They wrote how much they love me and that they are truly appreciative of all that I do for them. I never hide the fact that my life began when I had my kids. I struggled with finding a purpose until they were born. My oldest (the one on the right) is now 17. She scanned this photo into the computer and put it in her card. I love this one. Not just because I look very young, but because the kids look truly happy. Miss those days!! Oh, and just so you know, I have four kids... but three are under the age of 18. The girl in the blue shirt, on the right, is our dear cousin. She is standing in for my husband - who is my fourth kid.
This morning I dropped my son off at his buddy's house, took my youngest to the Getty Center so she could do a school project, and then when I got home this afternoon, took my oldest to get a manicure. Made it home in time to meet up with the in-laws for dinner. I cleaned the kitchen, did some laundry, made the bed, (just in time for my hub to go to sleep~), grabbed some things from the grocery store, helped my son finish his school project, and now here I sit. I wonder... who ever started the crazy days that Hallmark has marked on our calendars?
Figure it must have been someone either really guilty, or someone very narcissistic.
"A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie."
~Tenneva Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment