Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mortuary ahead....

Yesterday I went for a 4 mile walk/jog and as I crossed the street I saw about seven scrawny young punky teenagers crammed in a mini cooper. I kept my eyes where I was jogging and continued down the street. A couple hundred yards later that same mini cooper whizzed past me with those same scrawny punks screaming, "Hasta la vista, baby!" Well, I sure would hope that their cooper could pass a 52 year old woman jogging on the road. Geez.

Today I went for my 8 miler. I was able to keep it about a 12 minute mile. I'm fine with that. I'm a plodder. Slow and steady - the turtle in the race.My quote for the day is:
"The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass".
- Martin Mull
And Marathon signs that people have held for the runners; My favorite:
"Mortuary ahead.... look alive!"

No comments:

Post a Comment